Welcome to the CEC
Canadian Electroacoustic Community (CEC)
The ninth edition of the Toronto International Electroacoustic Symposium (TIES) was held in August 2015, with Nicolas Collins as Keynote Speaker. Participants from across Canada and around the world presented their work on topics such as algorithmic creation, pedagogy, cross-media, musicking and more, complemented by installations and performances. (April 2016)
Call for Contributions
We are pleased to now invite submissions for an upcoming issue of eContact! on the topic of “DIY, Hacking, Repurposing” with a special concern for performance-oriented practices. Deadline for submissions: 15 September 2016.
We are pleased to now invite submissions for an upcoming issue of eContact! on the topic of “DIY, Hacking, Repurposing” with a special concern for performance-oriented practices. Deadline for submissions: Extended to 31 October 2016.
The Canadian Electroacoustic Community (CEC) is now accepting submissions for an upcoming issue of eContact! exploring and presenting various practices that forge a link between sonic performance and light. We are pleased to announce Nicolas Bernier as Guest Editor for eContact! 19.3. Deadline for submissions: 31 December 2016.
The Canadian Electroacoustic Community (CEC) is now accepting submissions for an upcoming issue of eContact!, the online journal for electroacoustics published four times a year by the CEC. eContact! 19.4 focuses on media-specific music and is supervised by Guest Editor Volker Straebel. Deadline for submissions: 28 February 2017.
Open and ongoing call for contributions to the CEC’s electroacoustic Jukebox.
Recent works by young and/or emerging composers and sound artists from or living in Canada are featured in the 16th edition of Jeu de temps / Times Play, coordinated annually by the CEC since 2000. JTTP 2015 events included a special concert in the Kontakte festival for electronic music and sound art in Berlin. (March 2016)
Guest Editor: Richard Scott
An idea emerging from Manchester’s inaugural Sines & Squares Festival in 2014, initiated by our Guest Editor, forms the core of the topics explored in this issue, with focuses including the dramatic resurgence of interest in modular synthesis, its role in live performance and fixed media composition, design, patching and methodology. (February 2016)
The eighth edition of the Toronto International Electroacoustic Symposium welcomed Pauline Oliveros as Keynote Speaker. Two dozen composers, performers, researchers and institutions presented recent work and reflections on instrument and technology development, technologies and accessibility, notation, compositional praxis, sound art and more. (September 2015)
As the first electronic music studios in Canada were being conceived, their directors didn’t consult a catalogue and order commercially produced instruments and gear — they headed to Ottawa to meet Hugh Le Caine, whose pioneering electronic instrument designs played an important role in the formation of early generations of electronic music composers in Canada. (January 2016)
- 12 Oct. 2016 @ 23h00 | JTTP 2016 Broadcast — Electric Sense with James Bailey. Featuring the winning works from JTTP 2016. http://www.facebook.com/events/563372403847250
- 19 Oct. 2016 @ 20h00 | Akousma XIII — Festival of Immersive Digital Music (Usine C, Montréal). Canadian première of JTTP 2016 1st Prize winner Myriam Boucher’s videomusic work Nuées in the opening concert, “Multiformes”. http://www.facebook.com/events/293573377678051
- 21 Nov. 2016 @ 12h30 | JTTP 2016 Broadcast — Acoustic Frontiers with Ralph Hopper. Featuring the winning works from JTTP 2016. http://www.facebook.com/events/967700386692512
- eContact! 18.3 — DIY, Hacking, Repurposing (October 2016)
- eContact! 18.4 — Notation of Sonic Art and Digital Audio Practices (November 2016) [CALL]
- eContact! 19.1 — Jeu de temps / Times Play 2016 (October 2016)
- eContact! 19.2 — TIES 2016: 10th Toronto International Electroacoustic Symposium (December 2016)
- eContact! 19.3 — Light+Sound (February 2017) [CALL]
- eContact! 19.4 — Media-Specific Music (April 2017) [CALL]