2018 AGM / AGA 2018
Annual General Meeting / Assemblée générale annuelle
This year’s AGM is held at Concordia University in Montréal in the midst of the International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition (ICMPC) and the 10th triennial conference of the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM).
The meeting is open to anyone wishing to attend (not just current members), but only CEC Permanent/Full Members whose accounts are in good standing, Patron and Honorary Members may vote.
- Information on becoming a member can be found here.
- To upgrade your membership from Associate to Permanent, contact the CEC administration.
- The full text of the CEC By-laws and the Simplified Version of the By-laws are available on the CEC’s website.
Documentation of all AGMs is published in individual issues of eFlash!, the electronic newsletter for CEC members.
Time and Location / Horaire et lieu
Friday / vendredi, 27 July 2018, 14h00–15h00
Concordia University Department of Music
MB Building: 1450 Guy Street, 8th floor, room 255
Montréal QC H3H 0A1
Agenda / Ordre du jour
- Adoption of the agenda / Approbation de l’ordre du jour
- Adoption of the minutes of the previous AGM / Approbation du procès-verbal de la dernière AGA
- Business arising from the minutes of the previous AGM / Sujets touchant le procès-verbal de la dernière AGA
- President’s Report / Rapport du Président
- Reports from the Board / Rapports du Conseil d’Administration
- Other business / Autres
- Presentation of the new Sonus.ca interface;
- Proposal for a slight modification to §3.1 of the CEC Bylaws.
- Adjournment / Levée de l’assemblée
Documents for the 2018 AGM are made available at least two weeks prior to the AGM:
- The proposed Agenda is above;
- The Minutes from the 2017 AGM were published in the September 2017 edition of eFlash!;
- The CEC’s 2017–18 Financial Report is available here in PDF.
The President’s Report, the Treasurer’s Report and the Minutes from this year’s AGM will be made available in the September 2018 edition of eFlash!, the newsletter for CEC Members.
There will be a webcast for those who cannot make it in person. Details will be sent a few days before the AGM; the webcast link will go live shortly before the AGM begins.
The John Molson School of Business (MB) is located on the southern corner of Guy and De Maisonneuve and is serviced by the green metro line (Guy-Concordia stop) and busses 15 (Sainte-Catherine), 165 (Côte-des-Neiges), 369 (Côte-des-Neiges) and 435 (EXPRESS Du Parc / Côte-des-Neiges). Other options include bus 24 (Sherbrooke)…
ICMPC15 / ESCOM10
The 15th International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition (ICMPC) and the 10th triennial conference of the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM) are held in Graz, Montréal and Sydney from 23–28 July 2018.